Thursday, February 21, 2008

Note to All Metro-Riding Mothers

If you are shepherding a gaggle of pre-pubescents through the Metro, and the subway system is experiencing difficulties and has just gotten back underway, and there are two relatively empty trains waiting behind the current one in the station, do not, do not, do NOT, jam yourself and all of your little brats into an already stuffed-to-the-doors car. There is not enough room, and all you will do is make it that much more difficult for people to get on and off at the next, oh, TEN stops. And whatever you do, do not, do not, do NOT attempt to HOLD THE DOORS OPEN! We, your fellow civilized and in knowledge of the rules passengers, will rise up in protest and attempt to remove you from the train with extreme prejudice.

But now that you are on my car, forcing the big guy next to me to put his butt right in my face, I will tell you that I'll gladly get up and wait for the next nice, cool, empty train to arrive in a grand total of 58 seconds.

Oh, wait, I can't.

Because I can't get past you!

No comments: